When, where and how?
Find out about our opening times, where you can find us in the center of Vienna and how you best get there by using public transports.
It’s only possible to visit the Heidi Horten Collection with a valid time-slot ticket. We recommend booking your ticket in advance, as a limited number of tickets is available each day.
Your health is important to us. A comprehensive set of safety measures is in place to ensure your visit is as enriching and stress-free as possible.
Please note, that all Jackets/coats, backpacks and bags must be stored in the cloakroom or the lockers in the Atrium!
CURRENT OPENING HOURS*
|Daily beside Tuesday |
Friday to Sunday
11:00 am - 7:00 pm
11:00 am - 9:00 pm
Last admission: 30 minutes before the museum closes
* Opening hours are subject to change. Please find out in advance whether the exhibition spaces are open at the time you wish to visit. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information. No claims for compensation can be made in the event of any changes to opening hours or the exhibits on display.
|Seniors* (over 65)|
|Groups (min. 10 persons)|
|Students (under 27) and those undertaking |
compulsory military and civilian service
|People with special needs**|
|Children and young people (under 19)|
|Visitors with a valid Vienna City Card|
* with ID
** Assistant: € 5
|FREE ENTRY FOR|
- members of the associations Gesellschaft der Freunde der bildenden Künste, IAA, Hunger auf Kunst und Kultur and ICOM card holders
- members of the Berufsvereinigung der bildenden Künstler*innen Österreichs (state association Vienna, Lower Austria, Burgenland)
- journalists by appointment with ID
- supervisors for school, day care and nursery groups, external guides
You can receive your free ticket by presenting your membership card and/or a photo ID at the Box Office.
By visiting and/or purchasing a ticket, you agree to our house rules and the general terms and conditions of the Heidi Horten Collection.
To avoid waiting times at the ticket desk, we recommend to purchase your ticket online. This helps us to coordinate visitor flow. Tickets are also available from the museum Box Office. Please pay by card if you can. There may be a waiting time to enter the museum: We thank you for your understanding. There is no time limit on your visit.
- Ö1 Club members receive a 10% discount on regular admission (also applies to an accompanying person)
- Ö1-Intro members receive a 30% discount on regular admission (also applies to an accompanying person)
- Members of the Vienna Experts Club receive a 50% discount on regular admission
- Members of the Vorteilsclub der Stadt Wien receive a 20% discount on admission tickets
- artCard holders receive a 30% discount on regular admission
You can receive your free ticket by presenting your membership card and a photo ID at the Box Office.
Are you looking for the ideal gift for your loved ones? With our gift vouchers you are on the safe side
The vouchers can be redeemed in the online shop and at the museum for admission tickets, educational programs or shop products. The vouchers will be sent immediately by e-mail to be printed out.
BENEFITS OF BOOKING ONLINE
Fast, easy booking
Book your activities in minutes
Tickets are delivered to your email address
100% secure thanks to SSL encryption
Available around the clock
Book tickets even when the museum is closed
Directions & contact details
Thanks to its central location, the museum has excellent public transport links, making it easy to travel to the museum in an environmentally-friendly way. A charging point for electric cars and cycle racks are located nearby.
- U3 to Stephansplatz and U1, U4 to Karlsplatz
- Trams 1, 2, D, 62, 71 to Oper/Karlsplatz U
- Bus 2A, 59A to Oper/Karlsplatz U
If travelling by car, parking is available at Neuer Markt. The car park is open 24 hours.
All parts of the museum are accessible to wheelchair users and people with limited mobility. If you have any individual requirements, a member of the museum team will be happy to help.
- The side entrance (Hanuschgasse 3) is accessible. A member of our Visitor Services Team will be happy to accompany you into the building and to the lift.
- A wheelchair can be borrowed at the museum ticket desk.
- Lift available (door width 200 cm, cabin depth 450 cm, cabin width 230 cm)
- Two accessible, gender-neutral toilets
- Public disabled parking spaces are currently available at Operngasse 8, Helmut-Zilk-Platz 1 and Walfischgasse 1 and 6.
- We offer guided tours for people with special needs on request.
A boarding and alighting point for tour buses is located close to the museum on Operngasse.
Further information on bus parking
Get an overview of the building and our exhibition in our online floorplan